Thursday, October 9, 2008

Peyton's Birth Story

Peyton Murphy-Willson Flashnick
September 23, 2008
3:04 p.m.
9 pounds, 21 inches

9:00 - Start the pitocin. I am only dilated a fingertip, but very soft. Contractions had been coming all morning (before the pitocin), but weren't strong at all.

10:30 - Contractions getting a bit stronger, but not too bad yet. I am dilated to a 2 and my doctor broke my water.

11:15 - Went ahead and got the epidural, but the contractions weren't painful, I just didn't want to miss my opportunity! He got three calls while in with me to go do epi's! Perfect timing! I'm dilated to a 4 at this point.

12:30 - Feeling no pain, dilated to a 5.

1:30 - Epi wasn't working like it should be. I kept feeling lots of lower pain and pressure, so they came in and put medicine in my epi, then my legs went totally numb, and I didn't like that very much. My doctor came in and I told her about my pressure and she checked me and I was a 6. I also had to be on oxygen because his heart rate kept dropping with each contraction, but he was fine.

2:30 - My nurse came in and I told her I was feeling LOTS of pressure, but worse than earlier. So, she checked me and I was a 10!!! Four centimeters in an hour! Woohoo!! She was going to start getting everyone ready, call my doctor, etc.

My doc came in around 1:50 and they think the only thing keeping him in while waiting was the internal contraction monitor! I started pushing right at 3:00, 2 rounds of pushes and at 3:04 he was born!! It was the easiest thing I have ever done! I was SO incredibly fortunate!

While my doctor was finishing up with me, Todd was with Peyton and he was just chilling...not really crying just looking around! It was seriously love at first sight for both of us! He was 9lbs even and 21 inches! Even for 9lbs though, he's awfully scrawny right now! Skinny little legs and long skinny feet! He'll plump up in no time!!

He's such a calm mellow baby! We figure he's been listening to his brothers' chaos for 9 months now, he's used to it! I hope it stays that way!

Here are some pictures:

My last pregnancy picture!!

Sweet little boy!
Easy Breezy!
Daddy and Peyton!

Proud Big Brother!
The Other Proud Big Brother!

No comments: