Monday, April 20, 2009

Update on Will's Hand

He finally seems to be doing better!

Todd went out on Thursday and bought a bunch of gauze and tape and wrapped his hand up pretty good.

Friday night, we needed to clean it and let it breathe. I guess I should clarify that I'm talking about the top of his hand, where a couple layers of skin were scraped off, not his finger nail.

Well, the gauze was stuck to his hand (where Todd missed putting Neosporin) and he ended up having to rip it off, you know, like a band-aid REALLY fast. Will FREAKED! That hurt him so bad. He was crying such a sad, hurt cry...I started crying. It was terrible.

Saturday night...repeat of Friday night, only worse. Except, I wasn't home and Todd was almost in tears.

Sunday night was a little bit better. Not as many tears, and I was in another room with the door closed. Todd thought it would be better if I wasn't there in case he freaked out again.

It's funny, his fingernail is hardly bothering him. Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but not nearly as bad as the top of his hand!

I'm hoping in the next couple of days, he'll be able to go without the bandage overnight so it can breathe and scab up. It all still looks gross, but is definitely looking better!

************************
Change of subject...I want to say "Happy Anniversary" to my Mom and Dad! They've been married 29 years today!!

No comments: