Monday, August 24, 2009

Three Years Ago...

Cameron Reed Flashnick came into this world weighing in at 10 pounds and 3 ounces and was 21.25 inches long! YES, he was HUGE! My doctor pulled him out and said “Here’s your newborn TODDLER!!”

He was born on a Thursday. I remember I finished up work on Tuesday and spent Wednesday with Will. I struggled really bad with having another baby and what it would do to Will. He was only 2 ½ and totally oblivious to all of it! So, we went and saw a movie and then took a nap together! He had no idea his world was about to totally change and he’d no longer have Mommy and Daddy all to himself!

We dropped Will off at Miss Lynne’s bright and early and headed to the hospital. I had to be there at 8. My induction started at 9. I got my epidural around 10:30 and it was AWESOME, OMG! So totally different than my epi with Will. I was numb, but could actually move my legs and kinda feel what was going on, but not enough to cause me any pain. I relaxed for a few hours, as best I could!

My doc came in around 2 and got prepped and I remember looking at my watch at 2:10 and then I started pushing! Cameron was born at 2:27pm! 17 whole minutes to push a 10 pound kid out!! I knew he’d be big, but I was totally shocked when he got weighed and Todd came back over to tell me! I was like, “Huh? Come again? He weighs how much?” Haha!

My Mom brought Will up later and he totally didn’t know what to think! I think it bothered him seeing me in the bed and unable to walk and hooked up to all kinds of wires and tubes. He kinda just looked at Cameron!

And here we are, three years later! Time flies! It just blows my mind! He’s such a little love bug! And then in the next second, sooo ornery and stubborn!! I love my sweet Cameron!!!! Happy Birthday, Sugar Booger!!!

August 24, 2006


August 24, 2007


August 24, 2008


August 24, 2009

No comments: