Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Peyton!!!

Where has the time gone? I just can’t believe that he is already ONE! There just aren’t words to describe what joy he has brought to our lives. He has totally made our little family complete. It’s so hard to imagine that a whole year ago, he made his way into this world!

The morning started with all of us singing “Happy Birthday” to him! He was so excited to see us and hear us singing!

video

Good morning!!


I went and bought a small cake so the five of us could celebrate tonight!


Oh.My.Gosh. He LOVED the cake!!! He had no problem getting down and dirty! It was awesome!

Hmmm...what is this?


It kinda tastes yummy...








Yeah, I think I like it...




ALL DONE!!


This is celebration number one…we’ll do a family thing in a couple of weeks and he’ll get MORE cake!!!

video

Let’s see…what has he done this past year?

He is not walking, but that’s ok. It’s weird because when Will and Cameron were one (and at their party), they were both walking. I just can’t imagine Peyton walking. He’s still a baby (in my eyes)! He is really good at cruising along furniture and can pull up on just about anything. Sometimes anything doesn’t quite work and he gets hurt or something falls on him! I don’t anticipate him walking until he’s at least 15-18 months. We’ll see…

I'm ONE...haha!


He sure can crawl like a champ though! I go to rush to shut a door and I turn around and he’s already made it to the door!! Speedy crawler!

He’s got 6 teeth total right now. Two on the bottom and four on the top.

Those teeth and dimples...


He LOVES to “talk”! His favorite word is “eh/huh”. You’ll hear it in the videos. It’s funny! He’s gotten good at mimicking us though. He can kind of say “hello” and “buh bye”. And he says “Mama” and “Da-Da” sometimes. But mostly, he just loves to babble and be really LOUD about it!!

I’m SO, SO glad to not have to buy formula anymore! I can’t complain too much though. He nursed exclusively for 7 months, so I only had to buy formula for 5 months…but whew, I’m glad I don’t have to buy it anymore! And bye-bye bottles! Well, come Monday…bye-bye bottles! I’ve been putting half formula and half milk in his bottles for a couple weeks now, to get him used to milk, and he’s tolerated it really well. We’ll be 100% milk in the next couple of days. With Will and Cameron, when they turned a year, we quit bottles cold turkey and it was totally fine. I’m hoping it’ll go just as smooth with Peyton. He’s pretty good with a sippy cup, not great, but he’ll get better. He won’t have a choice! So, YAY for no more formula and bottles!



He has his one year check-up on Friday. I’m anxious to see how much he’s grown this past year! He’s a little chunky butt!!

One week old...and so scrawny and little!


One year old...and not so scrawny and little!


Happy Birthday to my little Punkin Pie!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, that cake looks yummy!