Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yay Cameron

I don't want to jinx myself, and I probably shouldn't blog about this, but what the heck…!

So, up until this past Saturday, Cameron had absolutely NO desire to sit on the potty. I'm talkin NONE. That boy is so unbelievably stubborn, it's crazy!

I bought some Dum-Dum's as a bribe and I told him that every time he sat on the potty, he'd get a sucker. Pee or no pee. Now, Cameron is a smart cookie, and I was one step ahead of him. I knew that if I didn't set the timer, he'd be in there all day, just so he could get a sucker!

I set the timer at one hour intervals and he was actually excited to go sit when the timer went off. He couldn't figure out how to release it though.

He woke up from his nap and we went straight to the bathroom, and nothing. He said he wanted some Gummy Life Savers, and I told him he couldn't have any unless he actually peed. We got up, set the timer for twenty minutes, went back and HE PEED!!! Yay Cameron! He was SOOOOO excited! Todd and I made a HUGE deal out of it and he totally loved that!

There was no peeing in the potty on Sunday though.

I got a call from Lynne on Monday and Cameron stood up from the lunch table and said "I gotta go tee-tee" and RAN to the bathroom and WENT!! Woohoo! And he went three times onTuesday!!

Yay for Cameron! Hopefully he'll be trained completely in the next month!! Fingers are crossed!

Gosh, it will be SO nice to have only one child in diapers…wow!!

No comments: